CURATE YOUR WEALTH
“In order to be happy, I must_______”
I was asked this question not too long and for me, that answer is: set boundaries. In order for Brianne to be happy, I must set boundaries. Now, what does that mean? What do these boundaries look like? What purpose will they serve?
Boundaries give me the freedom and the right to establish my own definition of happiness. They allow me to curate my own idea of what wealth should look and feel like. So, what do boundaries look like to me:
- It’s about protecting my space and energy
- Realizing and understanding that my “no” needs no explanation behind it
- Giving myself the freedom and space to say no instead of bending/curving to satisfy the needs others that misalign with the needs of my own
- Understand that not everyone deserves the same amount of access to me
- Refusing to accept responsibility for sorrow or pain that is not my own.
Boundaries allow me to set my standard. Moving away from the fear of “am I asking too much” to now knowing that I am deserving of these things. I am deserving of peace and respectability. I am deserving of joy and happiness. Love and security. Understand that not everyone will want to do what is “required” of them to be an active participant in your life. At this point, you now know that their lack of willingness means they bring no value to you and the direction in which you are trying to go.
We all require different things. Your standard is a direct reflection of the love and respect you have for self. Thus, it is up to you to hold to your standard. And moving forward…
…One must be willing to:
- Let go of unwarranted opinions
- Unapologetically make decisions for self and stick by them
- SPEAK up for self; you have a voice…use it!
- Forgive, Let go and Let God
- Understand that some people just don’t like you and be okay with that.
So, now that you are here take out your pen and paper and finish the sentence from above, “To be happy I must____”.
You want freedom in your life, take control of it.